MANDATORY POOL RULES
The FSH swimming pool is a commercial public pool and is subject to DHEC rules and regulations. Pursuant to South Carolina State Board of Health Regulation 61-51 Public Swimming Pools, published June 27, 2014, the following state regulations apply to the FSH swimming pool.
- The lifeline across the pool must be kept in place except when lap swimming.
- The ring buoy attached to a throwing line must be readily available on the pool deck.
- A life hook of the shepherd’s crook style must be readily available on the pool deck.
- No diving is allowed.
- No children will be in the pool without supervision.
- There will be no running, boisterous or rough play.
- No animals or pets are allowed in the pool or pool area.
- No glass or breakable material is allowed in the pool area.
- A stretcher, first aid kit, and blanket are in the baggage room behind the pool.
- A water fountain must be provided within the pool area.
- A shower fixture must be provided and swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE SC STATE (DHEC) REGULATIONS,
THE FOLLOWING FORT SUMTER HOUSE RULES MUST BE OBSERVED:
- The pool is for the exclusive use of Fort Sumter House residents and their guests.
- Owner/Resident must notify the Manager if they have guests using the pool. Owner/resident must be with their guests at all times. If Owner/Resident is planning an event with more than 2 guests, please notify the Manager.
- RESIDENTS ARE ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR GUESTS and their compliance with these rules.
- No food will be consumed in the pool. Food may be consumed on the pool deck only.
- All trash must be deposited in the trash container by the gate, not left in the pool area.
- No smoking in the pool area.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn when in the pool.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times in the lobby area. Swimsuits must be covered by a suitable garment.
- Do not track water from the pool through the lobby. Water on the lobby floor can cause someone to slip and fall.
- Pool is open 8:00am – 8:00pm, seven days a week.
- NO GLASS INSIDE POOL FENCE!!! Violation can cause us to lose our DHEC permit and the Facility Manager to lose his license to operate the pool
ATTENTION: As of 2016, the FSH Pool Rules have been updated to include new DHEC requirements for a water fountain and shower, both of which have been installed for our pool.
DHEC Pool Rule #11 states that all persons must shower before using the pool. The reason for this rule is to avoid sunblock products, oils, body sweat, and other contaminants from polluting the water.
The staff sometimes notices a ring of “slime” around the tile of our pool. This is caused by a combination of sun products and sweat that coagulates on the water surface and clings to the pool tile. It takes away from the cleanliness and appearance of the pool.
The staff works hard to maintain the pool. Management reserves the right to prohibit and/or fine any person who does not comply with the rules specified above, as it becomes a matter of public health.
Proper swimming attire must be worn when in the pool. For example, if you have been exercising in exercise clothes, DO NOT go in the pool. Change into proper swimming attire and use the shower.
Please show courtesy to other swimmers. Thank you.
July 23, 2016